Photography is an art and it is very important that the photographer showcases his creativity. This is where a printer plays a very crucial role. Normal office use printers can be selected as whatever specification is required which often inclines on the speed and capacity. That is not the case in printers for Photographer.
There is a specific need when it comes to professional photographer printer needs. They need clarity and top printing quality. The picture usually is of multiple colors and this is why a color printer is preferred mostly. However, there are cases when people take a leap of faith on black and white printers. They are rare cases though but they exist aye!
Allow me to introduce a list of Photo Printers that will be not just handy for photographers but also act as a game changer because of the quality of print they will provide. So, let’s get started,
Canon Pixma PRO-1 is titled as “quintessential tool for the professional photographer” by Canon. And they are not wrong in their claim. The ink system used in this awesome printer is named as 12 LUCIA pigment ink system. With 5 monochrome inks, it gives wonderful black and white texture to your photographs. It is highly compatible with your Canon DSLR.
Let’s see some of the printer’s specifications,
- Print Resolution → Color: Up to 4800 x 2400 dpi1; Black Up to 4800 x 2400 dpi1
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets) → Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 Sheets of Plain Paper, 20 sheets Photo Paper
- Paper Handling Size → 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, Letter, Legal, 11″ x 17″, 13″x 19″
- Print speed → 8″ x 10″ (Color) Bordered Photo: Approx. 2 minutes 10 seconds; 11×14″ (Color & Grayscale) Photo: Approx. 2 minutes 55 seconds
- Weight → 60.9 lbs.
- Dimensions → 27.4″ (W) x 18.2″ (D) x 9.5″ (H)
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is one of the best in its class. For a photographer, there is nothing wrong with this printer. Everything is awesome in this printer. It got an Anti-Clogging technology; Air feeding system; Lucia Pro Ink System a wide color gamut; no switching of black inks; incredibly fast photo printing and many more features.
Here are some specifications which you want to know about the printer.
- Print Resolution →Color: Up to 2400 x 1200 dpi; Black: Up to 2400 x 1200 dpi
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets) →Rear Tray and Manual Feed Slot
- Paper Handling Size → 17″ x 22″, 14″ x 17″, 13″ x 19″, 11″ x 14″, 10″ x 12″, 8.5″ x 11″, 8″ x 10″, 5″ x 7″, 4″ x 6″
- Print speed → 17″ x 22″ Bordered Photo (Color): Approx. 4 minutes 10 seconds
- 13″ x 19″ Bordered Photo (Color): Approx. 2 minute 30 seconds
- Weight → 71.2lbs
- Dimensions → 28.5″ x 11.2″ x 17.1″ (W x H x D)
Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer is a wonderful printer for photographers with ultra hi-definition print. It is wifi featured and equipped with superior image enhancement tool. The best part of this printer is that it can print borderless in most of the popular sizes of paper.
Let’s check out some of its specifications,
- Print Resolution → 5760 x 1440 dpi
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets) → 100 sheets (plain paper)
- Paper Handling Size → 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, A4 (8.3″ x 11.7″), letter (8.5″ x 11″), legal (8.5″ x 14″), 11″ x 14″, 12″ x 12″, B (11″ x 17″), A3 (11.7″ x 16.5″) and Super B (13″ x 19″)
- Print speed → Black: 2.8 ISO ppm; Color: 2.8 ISO ppm
- Weight → 26 lb
- Dimensions → 24.3″ x 12.7″ x 8.5″
Epson SureColor P400 Wide Format Inkjet Printer is on of the best in its class. It is well known for its flexible media handling. This printer has the best UltraChrome HG2 pigment ink which is smudge free. This is ideal for all photographers.
Let’s see some of the specifications,
- Print Resolution → 5760 x 1440 dpi
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets) → up to 30 sheets photo
- Paper Handling Size → 3.5″ x 5″, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, A4 (8.3″ x 11.7″), letter (8.5″ x 11″), 11″ x 14″, B (11″ x 17″), 12″ x 12″, A3 (11.7″ x 16.5″), and Super B (13″ x 19″)
- Print speed → Approx 1 min 8 sec
- Weight → 27.1 lb
- Dimensions → 24.5″ x 31.4″ x 16.5″ (W x D x H)
SELPHY CP1200 Wireless Compact Photo Printer offers you creativity you need. Along with this, it offers you portability. Being wireless makes this printer the best among all. It is ideal for making ID cards and passport photos. The print quality is super fine.
Let’s see some of its specifications,
- Print Resolution → Color:300 x 300 dpi
- Standard Paper Capacity (sheets) → 18 Sheets
- Paper Handling Size → Card Size (2.1″ x 3.4″), Postcard (3.9″ x 5.8″), L Size (3.5″ x 4.7″) , Square Label (2.0″ x 2.0″)
- Print speed → 47 seconds
- Dimensions → 7.1″W x 5.4″D x 2.5″H
So, these are the printers that are made for photographers. Just for a quick flashback, let’s see which printers you might want to add to your printer wishlist.
- Canon Pixma PRO-1
- Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000
- Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer
- Epson SureColor P400 Wide Format Inkjet Printer
- Canon SELPHY CP1200 Wireless Compact Photo Printer
I hope this information will help you to make better judgement. Please do let me know if you have any questions. Till then take care.
Author Bio: Lance Clemons is blogger by profession with 7 years of experience. He is associated with a , Printzone which is Australia’s best online printer cartridge store. He is an admirer of sharing his innovative ideas with others on the technology trends.