As a designer, you must be aware with the significance of visually appealing websites. But, it is much more than that. Good design has something to do more than just looking good; it serves to be an effective tool for branding and marketing a particular brand that actually results into productive outcomes.
In this article, we will discuss some good reasons why good design matters to a great extent when it comes to marketing. Apart from marketing, a quality design also matters for communicating the ideas and messages beautifully.
- Everything Relies on First Impression: Everything falls into place depending upon the first things that user observes about your website – be it colour theme, image selection, or typography. You might be wondering what message these elements can deliver? Well, these help in clearly stating your business objective. Also, the communication should be clear, things should be organised as a chaotic and irrational outlook can degrade the overall impression. The message that a user grasp from the very first glance shapes the entire communication from that point onwards. Therefore, you should design your website so well that user will get back to your site in the future as well. The design, the content as well as information should be relevant to each other.
- What Makes User Remember You? : After getting attracted with the first glance, users need a good reason to think about your website or to stick with it. This implies a precise attention to the things through which you can leave a lasting impression on visitors and can retain them to stay longer or make a purchase on your website. Provide them maximum or in-depth value of your brand in your very unique style. It is preferable to use sharp visuals to attain this. A striking homepage is undoubtedly great but the other elements; tools as well as pages should be equally pleasing.
- Be Loyal: If you want to gain loyal customers, you have to become loyal first. How to get there? Well, you can use a great logo, easy-to-read text, understandable choices and impacting colour palette. Encourage your users to come back by establishing a connection that no user will want to lose with the design. Further, you can strengthen that loyalty with images or words to which users are associated with.
- Set Point of Recognition: Maintaining the consistency in design will help users to find you easily. For example- almost anyone, anywhere across the world can recognise the McDonald’s brand through its golden arches. Your design should be this much expressive at least. Sticking with unique style, voice, colour palette and message will work here. Keep your logo clear and design-integrated. An impacting presence will mean nothing if user’s will not recognise the provider or the idea of business.
- Encourage Sharing: Make sure you are providing users with ample of opportunities to share. And encourage this behaviour. Such ways of social marketing can take some weight off your shoulders and will help your brand create a community as more users will connect with you through someone who already knows about your brand. Providing social share buttons will help you get there.
- Establish Trust On Priority: Your design helps establishing trust and encourage visitors to do business. Colour and typography elements impact trust to the most.
- Convert User’s Actions: if you want to see good marketing results, you design should drive encouragement to the actions. All CTA (call to action) buttons should be designed such that they can be easily found and used. Navigable elements and instructions related to it should be concise and clear. Your design will tend to fail if you will miss such prominent things.
Therefore, make your design a mirror reflection of your business idea to gain trust of potential customers so that they can stay connected with you for a long term.
About the Author
This article is written by Kristy Bernales, working as a Senior Web Designer with Web Design Xperts, Melbourne. She has thrown light on positive impact of a good design that can help businesses’ to achieve their goal without any fail. Feel free to join her on Twitter & FB.